In the card above, I rotated the pattern 180 degrees from the way it was pictured in Wishes.
I rotated this card 90 degrees.
Don't be afraid to mix things up and turn things around. I wasn't really digging this pattern when I first cut the paper and layed it out on my card....but since I'm on a "mission" to work my way through the book. There is no cheating or skipping so I had to keep going with it.
Here are a few things to try if you find yourself struggling like I did...
- Flip your papers over and see if the patterns on the other side work better.
- Rotate your card 90 degrees at a time.
- Rotate your saying or main image
- Add embellishments, sponging, distressing.....
I hope this helps you the next time one of your designs just isn't working for ya!
All Products Used are Close To My Heart
- X 7119B Veranda Level 2 Paper Pack
- Z2166 Just Blooms Spring Blossom Paper Flowers
- Z1269 Filigree Charms
- D1408 A Little Everything (Stamp of the Month, only available until March 31, 2010)
- Z2160 Twilight Ink Pad
Next up is Shirley, check out her blog to see what fun she had with the SOTM