1. It may be hot outside, but it's always cold at an ice skating rink. You will be miserable if you wear capri pants and sandals.
2. Teenagers never cease to surprise you.
3. I thought they would be embarassed if I took pictures. I didn't know they would actually pose and wave everytime they went by.
4. I thought they'd ignore me and wish I wasn't there. I didn't expect them to stop every couple of laps to pound on the glass in front of me and make faces.
5. It makes me happy to know that the kids are comfortable around me, and don't mind when I chaperone.