Here are a few tips and suggestions to help you assemble your kit:
- If you don't have a lot of time to sit and do it all at once, try breaking down the steps. Cut your drawers one day. Score/fold them all another day (if you score and pre-fold, but don't glue your drawers, it will help you identify where to stamp your images.) and then stamp and decorate at a third crafty session.
- Stamp all of your images and then set aside to dry so you don't smudge them.
- Assemble the boxes after you decorate them. It's easier to work with them when they are flat.
- Don't worry if you stamp a little crooked. (I did!) I think it adds to the charm!
Here are some suggestions for filling up your drawers:
- Candy (of course!)
- A scripture a day
- An act of service suggestion
- A Christmas task (hang the stockings, decorate the tree etc.)
- Or why not make each day an event, put a scripture, an act of service suggestion and a piece of candy for the blessing in each drawer so you can help your children think beyond gifts and toys!
Do you have more ideas? Share them in the comments!
You can purchase the Workshop on the Go Kit which includes the cubby, paper, stamp pad and dimensional element decorations (I added the bitty sparkles) or you can purchase the cubby separate if you'd like to create a fun home decor item with different papers that can be used all year long.
G1052 Workshops on the Go Advent Calendar Kit - $44.95
Z1804 My Creations Cubby - $16.95
z1263 Bitty Sparkles - $2.95
Head on over to my website to buy your supplies!