Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Knitting Class

See.... even though I haven't been posting much lately, I've still been busy. This semester we graduated from Knitting I to Knitting II. We're 2's now and we're finally working on the beautiful heirloom afghan. I believe there are 48 squares total. We make 1-2 squares per week. By the end of this trimester we will have 19 squares I think.

So far my most difficult square has been the signature square...and no....it's not pictured here. That would be because I still haven't finished it. I knit a couple of inches the first time, only to realize I needed to drop a needle size and I was doing some weird kind of yarn-over that closed the lace holes.

Effort #2 - Down to a size four needle and it was still too big!!

I've now purchased size three needles, but I just haven't found the inspiration to try it again.

We seem to be on a cabling kick right now. Cabling is still awkward and slow going for me, but I love the finished product.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Loribythesea said...

Wow... you've been the busy bee between knitting, using up scrap yarn, and book club. Look at all the things you've made! And book club too. And look at that fancy bag. Maybe I should join a book club so I can get little goodies. ;) My sister has learned to quilt and had picked up a pack of squares at a fabric store to make a quilt for Katrina victims. I'm not sure if she made more than one. I'm realizing I need a creative outlet. It came to me lately when I thought about getting out crayons to color something for mom's b-day. But I wasn't sure where they were (hauled all my craft stuff out here with me and haven't really touched it in 2 years). I wrote mom a poem instead. Went to the craft/fabric store with my downstairs neighbor the other night, I could feel the creative hunger lurking in the background.

L.