Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Packing, Shopping, and moving on....

Hubby has been busy washing all of his clothes, packing, buying new clothes and other essential items and tonight the journey begins.

We're driving him up to Colton tonight and at 6:30 tomorrow morning he boards a shuttle and begins his career as a long haul truck driver. As much as we've talked about it and prepared for it, it still doesn't seem quite real. I'm sure it will sink in the first night I have to sleep alone. I think the longest we've ever been apart is four days.

So far I'm not sad or depressed. I'm excited for him. I'm sure reality will set in soon.

He started a blog and I'll probably type entries for him until he gets settled into his own truck, gets a laptop and figures out the whole internet service stuff. Until then I think the company has some kind of email system we can communicate on and thankfully we have the family plan on our cell phones. We'll post about his journies on his blog and I'll use my blog to talk about whats going on on the home front and the crafting front.

At home hubby is generally subjected to having to oooh and ahhhh at all my creations. "How's this look honey?" "Isn't this cute?" "How do you like this layout?" He thinks he's leaving all that behind. Ha. I'll be posting my creations here, and I still expect to hear "that's the best thing you've made yet." It may be long distance, but you know the drill babe!

I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to sucker him into going to the store for me, bringing me a glass a water and all the other "slave boy" tasks. Dang, I'm spoiled... things are not looking bright for the future of my princess crown.

No comments: