Monday, August 11, 2008

And Another week flys by....

How is it possible that times just zooms by like that. I can't believe it's been a whole week since I posted and I haven't had a chance to take any more pictures!

What happened?

On Tuesday Joshua completed his Eagle Board of Review and he is an official Eagle Scout!!!! It was an amazing experience and I am so proud of him. There are two eagle scouts in our troop right now so we're working to plan the Court of Honor together. Right now it looks like it will be on or around October 11th. This definately isn't the end of his scouting career though... he's already an 11 year old scout leader and he's going to work on the Rendezvous Staff.

Cycling - I started to bike commute!!!!!! I have been talking and dreaming about it forever and I finally started taking the steps to transition to bike commuting and I am so stinkin happy!!! It was fun!

The family Josh babysits for is on vacation, which means I have a chauffer who would love to have my car anytime I'm willing to give it to him.... so it was the perfect time to experiment with riding my bike home from work.

Thursday I rode from work to the gym. I had a meeting in Santee so I went to the gym, showered and changed. It was a pretty short ride, just a little over 3 miles and I wished I could ride further.

Friday - I rode from work to my Dad's house. It was about 6 miles and pretty much the same route I would take all the way home, except home is 9 miles and the last three miles have some incredible hills. It took me about 40 minutes, but a lot of that was figuring out where to go, traffic lights, etc. I think it will be much faster next time.

I'm planning to ride Tuesday and Wednesday and then I'll ride Monday-Thursday when school starts. It is so exciting to have a plan.

Well hopefully I'll post again, before another week flys by!

No comments: