Monday, July 10, 2017

CTMH Convention Post #2 - Home Office Tour




CTMH Home Office Tour

One of the highlights of this year's convention was the opportunity to tour the Home Office.  Not only was it fun to get a little peek behind the scenes, but it was so fun to meet more of the wonderful people that work behind the scenes!  We got to meet many members of the art department and they were all so cheerful and welcoming!

Check out this amazing Paper Chandelier in the entry way!  Now that's a statement piece.














First Stop - Photo Session

When we arrived, Home Office staffers greeted us and split us into groups for the tour.  Our group headed over the sign in front of the building where a photographer took a picture of each one of us.  I'll post my pic as soon as I receive it!




Art Department

I think my favorite room on the tour was the art department!  It was so clean and organized.  Surely they make a mess when they are creating, right?  I can't believe they keep it this clean all the time.  Since they are working on projects for the next catalog already, I imagine some super cool stuff is hidden in those cupboards.  I wonder what stamp sets are in those containers?  Do you think the color denotes which catalog the sets are in?

One of the staffers assigned to a portion of our tour was Rachel Lynton!  That name might not mean anything to you, but as someone who has been with the company FOREVER, it was so fun for me to see her all grown up!  She is one of Jeanette's children and now she works in the art department.  I'm dorky enough that I actually asked her to sign my catalog next to some of her artwork and of course I took a picture of her cubicle.




Jeanette's Office


One of the reasons that I have stayed with Close To My Heart so long is because I believe in Jeanette.  I have been with the company for 22 years and there have been some growing pains along the way, but I have never doubted that Jeanette truly does what she thinks is best.  I am so grateful that she had the vision and fortitude to create a company that has made such an incredible difference in my life.  I can't imagine where I would be without it.  I have learned so much and I have so many incredible friendships because of this company.  It has impacted every aspect of my life!



 Photography Studio?

I'm actually not sure what this area is.  I know it's not the backdrop they have in the videos so I'm wondering if they use it for photo shoots.  Our tour guide might have told us, but sometimes it was hard to hear depending on where we were in the group.

  


Memory Lane

One of the hallways had all of the catalog covers displayed.  I know my first catalog is pictured here, but I can't remember which one it was!  I may have to ask someone at the home office.  I kind of think it might be the second one from the left.






Group Photo Time

We ended our tour with a photo of our little group.  What a fun day!  Thank you for giving us a behind the scenes tour Close To My Heart!! 


No comments: