Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 1 - Christmas Blog Blitz


On the first day of Christmas..... Let's box things up!

Boxes, boxes and more boxes... you can find templates all over the internet. Make a few and you'll start to notice that it's not so hard to design your own.

The 2-4-6-8 box has been around forever and it's one of my favorites because I can remember how to do it without a pattern. Must be those cheerleading days coming back to me 2-4-6-8 who do we appre-ci-ate....

Start with an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper and score at 2, 4, 6 and 8 along the 8.5 inch side. Turn your paper and score at 1.5 inches. Make a few cuts and you're done. Here's a great tutorial so you can get the idea. http://prairiepaperandink.typepad.com/amyr/2006/09/2468_boxes.html
So now that you've got the basic idea.... what do I need to do if I want my box to be 2.5 inches wide?


I cut my 12 x 12 paper to 10.5 x 12 and then I scored at 2.5, 5, 7.5 and 10 (along the 10.5) inch side and then I turned the paper and scored it at 2 inches.
Edited to add: Wanna receive a fun stample in the mail from me???? Leave me a comment with a guess as to what is inside the tall box pictured above. (Candy Cane box) No fair guessing if you already know!!!!
Experiment with it. You can make your box shorter by trimming the paper. Make it skinnier by adjusting your scores.

So check out your holiday gift stash and find something to box up.

5 comments:

Rick said...

could it be hmmmm... candy canes?

Jaime Lyerly said...

Boxes this pretty can only be holding chocolate.

Jaime

Dawn said...

No chocolate or candy canes...keep the guesses coming...

Unknown said...

I've never made a box - will have to give this 2-4-6-8 thing a try! I wonder if perhaps there is lotion inside the box? that would be my guess!

Lauren said...

Liquid Glass? Everyone needs a bottle (or 2) of this great stuff. :)
Ps. Your boxes look so cute!!