Sunday, February 28, 2010

March SOTM Blog Hop - CTMH

Welcome to the March Stamp of the Month Blog Hop.  If you arrived here from Nancy's Blog, you're on the right track.

 
For my Stamp of the Month contribution, I'm featuring project #11 on my Wishes Project - Lucky Layers.

 
In the card above, I rotated the pattern 180 degrees from the way it was pictured in Wishes.
I rotated this card 90 degrees.
Design/Pattern Tip
Don't be afraid to mix things up and turn things around.  I wasn't really digging this pattern when I first cut the paper and layed it out on my card....but since I'm on a "mission" to work my way through the book.  There is no cheating or skipping so I had to keep going with it. 
Here are a few things to try if you find yourself struggling like I did...

 

  • Flip your papers over and see if the patterns on the other side work better.
  • Rotate your card 90 degrees at a time.
  • Rotate your saying or main image
  • Add embellishments, sponging, distressing.....


 
I hope this helps you the next time one of your designs just isn't working for ya!
All Products Used are Close To My Heart

 Next up is Shirley, check out her blog to see what fun she had with the SOTM

11 comments:

Judy said...

Your cards are so pretty. I have got to order those flowers!

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Like the card rotation - great job!

Deborah Young said...

I love how you added the scallop to the first card, Dawn!

Carol Loftus said...

Nice card!

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

love them

Nancy said...

Very Pretty!

Angela said...

I love the blooms matched with the stamp set and paper packet!

Haley D. said...

Great job! I really like the vertical one, and I wouldn't have thought to turn it.

Kim O'Rear said...

Both cards are beautiful!

Carla said...

Both great cards!!

Barbara said...

I'm using my SOTM this weekend and I'm getting inspiration from CTMH consultant blogs...both of these cards are beautiful..thanks for sharing your creations. :-)