Monday, July 24, 2006

On the road again...

Even if I hadn't personally driven hubby to the bus station so he could hook up with his trainer again, it wouldn't have been long before I realized he was gone....in fact it was less than 24 hours before the first thing went wrong....

Josh called home from camp "Mom, they want you to come get me because I have a 102 degree fever."

No matter how many times we try to say it only takes an hour to drive up there, somehow it always takes longer.

I got the phone call a little after 4pm. I had a party scheduled for 7pm, no bosses in the building and I had some work that had to be finished. I kept working while I tried calling boss #1's cell phone, which rang in the other room. He left it on his desk. I kept working while I called the hostess to relay the story. "I'll be there" I promised, "but I might be a little late. It depends on how long it takes me to find a boss."

I called boss #2 and he said go. I left a note for boss #1, took the mail and left.

A little over an hour later I arrived to find the sick boy in the med lodge, but then I had to track down the med guy and talk to the head guy and hear what an awesome but sick kid I had, collect all his clothes from his cabin, put him in the car and speed back down the mountain.

He made it all the way home, in the back door and to the sink before he got sick. I worried all the way home, what I would do if he didn't make it. I had visions of him getting sick, followed by me getting sick....

"Sorry son, gotta go, there's sierra mist in the fridge, drink it slow, take a cool bath, I have my cell phone..."

I was a half hour late for the party, but it went great. So so so.. glad I had packed it all up and put it in my car in the morning. I was late, I was frazzled, but because I can also be anal... I pulled it off.

I wish I could say that the rest of the weekend was one of relaxation, but that wouldn't be near as interesting.

Stay tuned to find out where I was when the thermometer reached 114 degrees.

No comments: