Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm Back

Woo Hoo. I'm home. Ok, so technically I have been home for a few days, but life is never dull at Chez Dawn and this is the first chance I've had to even think about blogging.

Since I have too much to really write. I'm going for a list of random things as they pop into my head.

Hubby might be coming home tomorrow. Woo Hoo!!! He was coming home via bus, but it was so much fun last time that he's not really looking forward to another bus trip. Looks like we might fork over some cash so he can fly the friendly skies..... I've already warned him that coming home four days earlier than planned means that the house will not be in the same condition that it would've been on the 10th....

Why is my house a mess??? Let me just list the reasons for you....
Before my trip there was the last minute cram session to get all the artwork done. And here are my adventures since arriving home... actually the fun began with a phone call while I was still in Utah....

Joshua called me and asked "Mom, do I have health insurance?" Oh that's never a good question. World Cup fever had taken over the camp. The boys were playing soccer. The details are sketchy. Someone pushed someone who fell into Josh who...thinks he might have broken his wrist. Oh Joy! Of course this happened on Thursday and he's finally telling me on Saturday when I'm still three states away. I told him to ice it and wait for me.

I got home at 4am Sunday, slept for a couple of hours, made some phone calls to make sure he has insurance (love the switching jobs thing...grrr.... but am glad we thought to purchase insurance for him while we wait....)

Off to Kaiser where I continued to lament the loss of our super duper great insurance that cost $5 per visit. I had to pay every step of the way.... $51 dollars later and Josh is sporting a splint for his badly sprained hand. Thank goodness it wasn't broken!!

Doc was funny. Kind of busy/abrupt. But when we got back and found out it wasn't broken, I asked if he had any limitations since he would be returning to work at camp. Suddenly doc's attitude changed. He was oh so impressed that Josh was a camp counselor at a boy scout camp. Josh started getting super duper cool treatment then. Gotta love boy scouts.... it opens doors everywhere.... and I really love when stuff like this happens. I think it helps my 16 year old, almost eagle scout.... keep his eye on the prize.

So hand is taken care of and suddenly Josh has a couple extra days at home...which means the social calendar must be filled and mom must put on her chauffer hat. That boy is just lucky I still remember being a teenager in love..... Yes, I went to the "best friend's" house for dinner. Yes both the families went to the drive in. (Family activies - ok.... dating....not allowed. She's not 16 yet).

I thought social obligations were fulfilled. Nope. We all had so much fun that we were invited back for the 4th.

Somewhere in there I got a few hours sleep and started to design my pages that need to be done by Friday.

Today I took the boy back to camp, was 3.5 hours late for work and now I get to do that mad rush, clean house because hubby is coming home....

So see..... I really do have an excuse......

In case you think I might exaggerate about the house.... just know that I still have an extra couch and paper racks sitting in my living room.... reminders of the great... let's re-do the house when I have a million other things to do....

Good thing that man loves me. Maybe he won't notice the house.

No comments: