Monday, January 08, 2007

Quick Update

(Card details: Heart of Winter paper pack from Close To My Heart. Colors are olive, smokey plum and bamboo, just blooms paper flowers, pansy purple big brad, slide frame Dimensional Element, smokey plum and olive organdy ribbon)
I can't believe it has been so long since I updated this blog! I never really intended to leave it completely. I just got caught up in adjusting to our new lifestyle and job changes and life in general. Before I knew it, 5 months flew by.


Things have settled down into a more predicatable routine and I feel like I've finally got a handle on it. It isn't any less hectic or busy, it's just that I've settled into a routine so I can handle it better now.


Job front

I guess things weren't crazy enough, with hubby changing jobs, so I decided to do it too! It was a scary leap of faith, but ended up being a huge blessing. I love my new job. It's a little bit further to drive and a little more formal atmosphere, but I absolutely love it.


Knitting

I took a break from the afghan with all the different squares/stitches. I think I have 12 or 13 left to go. I needed some mindless relaxation knitting that I could pick up for 5-10 minutes at a time without reading a pattern so I started on a log cabin blanket for hubbys bed in his truck. The pattern is in the Mason Dixon pattern book and it's really turning out nice.


Stamping and Scrapbooking

I've been having tons of fun getting ready for my workshops for the year. In addition to doing the monthly layout from Cherish, I decided to start adding a monthly card design for my cardmakers. My first workshop of the year is next weekend so I can hardly wait to see what the think about the new addition. I think they're going to love it!!!


On a more personal stamping note.... I stamped and MAILED all my Christmas cards this year. Truly amazing if you ask me. Usually I'm so busy teaching other people to stamp, that I forget to do stuff for myself. Thanks to my good friend Jane and our sometimes weekly stamp sessions.... I've started setting time aside to actually make cards for myself.


Well I hope to post a few pictures of what I've been up to and get back to posting more frequently... but this should get things going again....


No comments: