Monday, December 10, 2007

This and That

No pictures to post today, but rather than get back in a blogging slump I thought I'd give a little written update of all that I have been working on....

1) Top secret gifts for my friday night scrapbook club. Since I know some of them read the blog, mums the word....but I'm having a terrible time keeping it a secret!

2) Knitting, knitting, knitting... yep I've been working on the log cabin blanket that I started for Rick last year. It's too big to really lug around like I used to and I took a little break from working on it over the summer, but now that it's cold and I'm still on the "I'm not allowed to walk" program, I've been knitting in the car during the chilly mornings when Josh is in seminary.

3) Crochet - My portable, take everywhere project is a soft yellow baby blanket for a friend who loves the color yellow.

4) I've made several layouts for Josh's Europe album, but since the picture party has been postponed, it's no longer on the "hot priority" list. I'm planning to take pictures of the layouts I've finished tonight.

5) Cookie Exchange. Yep, I got suckered into the cookie exchange again this year and no it did not escape me that Laura increased the amount of cookies to 10 dozen!!! I got them done and packaged up and I forgot to take a picture!!! But I won the prize for best displayed cookies, so you'll have to take my word for it that they looked cute in their little packages. :-)

6) Last night we went to the stake Christmas program and it was absolutely beautiful. The choir sounded so professional. They are performing on the temple grounds next Sunday. I might just have to go see them again. Speaking of performances, if you want to experience some good old fashioned Christmas spirit, I highly recommend catching one of the choir performanances at the San Diego Temple. Every night a different choir performs. It's especially fun right now, when it's so chilly. (I'm looking around to see if I can find a schedule, but so far no luck. I know they start at 7pm though)

No comments: