Monday, October 24, 2011

Back from Vacation!

I find it pretty hilarious that I just taught a blogging presentation and broke every single rule I shared. Oops!  In my defense, it wasn't entirely my fault.  I had the best of intentions, but sometimes life happens... I was busily prepping for my presentation,creating artwork and planning for my Michigan vacation when everything kind of collapsed around me.

I broke a tooth and the dentist found another tooth with a broken filling.  I spent two mornings with the dentist (and I still have to go back to get the work finished...) and then all of the sudden I was a sniffling, sneezing, eyes watering mess.   I mean MESS!!!!  I tried everything.  Do I have a cold?  Is it allergies?  Is it a sinus infection?  (I'm still suffering two weeks later, so if you guessed sinus infection, you win! LOL)

The last few days before I hopped on the plane are kind of a blur.  Packing was hilarious!  I just opened up my suitcase and started throwing things in.  I ended up forgetting three things: an umbrella, phone charger for the car and my jacket.  Did I mention I went to Michigan?  Yeah, jacket was kind of a big thing...but hey... shopping was fun!

The good news is that I took a ton of pictures in Michigan and started work on some fun projects to share, so give me a couple of days and I'll get my little blog back on track.

Here are a few things I'm working on:

Studio J Series  - (Digital Scrapbooking the Close To My Heart way!)
Hubby and I literally made my inlaws take the old family photos off their walls so we could scan them.  I can't wait to show you what I'm doing with them now....

Bicycling in Michigan
Yep, we made it...Hubby thinks I was in stage one hypothermia, but we were able to sneak in a bike ride between storms.

Fly and Rent a Car - Best way to see someplace new!
The absolute best decision I made for this trip, was to fly to Detroit and drive the 4 plus hours to Traverse City!!  I think I might plan every trip this way.  I got to see so much more of Michigan.

So stay tuned!!  Some great blog posts with gorgeous pictures, are headed your way!

No comments: