Friday, March 05, 2010

CTMH My Creations Cube - Veranda Sneak Peek

In April I'm featuring the Veranda paper pack and Veranda Workshop on the Go (WOTG) at my workshops and gatherings, so I'm busily creating fun stuff to share... I thought I'd give you a little sneak peek.  Be sure to come to my crop/workshop next Saturday to see more. (Plus they look better live and in person!)

This features Close To My Heart's My Creation Cube.  It ships flat.  There are several samples featured in the Idea Book, but each one of those shows the cube assembled and held together with ribbon or jute.  The cube comes with pre-drilled holes in all the corners so that all you have to do is lace it together.

I wasn't loving the laced together look for my project so I glued mine together with Liquid Glass.  I love it when you can change and adapt something to make it work the way you want to. 

The adorable picture is my son and his girlfriend. Ahhh.....


Rubber Stamping Tip - Multi-Colored Bird
  1. Ink the bird in Creme Brulee
  2. Roll the tips of the wings and the head in Tulip.
  3. Stamp bird on Colonial White paper
  4. Trim around bird with scissors.
  5. Using a sponge dauber, sponge a little juniper on his belly
Here's another little design tip for you.  Notice that I stamped the bird next to the saying in solid Juniper?  I could've used the multi-colored technique there as well.  It will give your projects more depth and character if you follow nature... Out in the wild you'll see all different colors of birds...


Supplies Used:
Z1152 My Creations Cube
X7119B Veranda Paper Pack
Z1269 Filigree Charms
Inks: Juniper, Creme Brulee, Tulip, Cocoa
Stamp set is in the G1007 Veranda WOTG kit
(Please note, the kit includes the paper, so if you decide to order it, you do not need to order the paper pack listed above.)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

That is a great photo of your son and his girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Hello, Neat post. There's a problem along with your website in web explorer, would check this?
IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a huge part of folks will omit
your excellent writing because of this problem.



Also visit my blog post ... wilgoć w domu (http://wentyluje.wartapol.pl)

Unknown said...

A horse blanket or rug is a blanket or maybe an animals coat suitable for keeping a horse or even different equine hot or otherwise protected from the wind or a few other conditions.
horse blankets