Saturday, June 23, 2007

I Love a Challenge

I love stamping challenges. They help me to break out of my stamping rut and try something new. This weekend there are a ton of challenges over at Two Peas. The stamping message board is running a "worldwide stamping weekend." They have challenges and rak's all weekend long. Too Fun!!!

Here's what I've done so far....

Challenge - Stamped Background
I random stamped a piece of colonial white cardstock with C1234 Nature Walk. (Olive, Autumn Terracotta and Sunflower, sponged with Bamboo)



Then I used the stamped background to create little bag topper treats for my Croppin Safari crop in July.



Next Challenge - Stamps Only
You have to use stamps only. No background paper. No layers. Just stamps...

This was so fun! I might make a couple more. It made me reach back into my stamping past. I used a creme cardstock base and placed a post-it in the middle of the card. I used the Nature Walk stamp set to stamp a border along the edge of the card. I used New England Ivy and Olive stamp pads. I sponged around the edges of the card and the post-it with New England Ivy. After I sponged, I removed the post-it and it left a nice little frame.



I stamped the saying in the middle, but it still needed something... so I trimmed the post-it down, put it back on top of the saying and sponged a little frame.



Time for a stamping break. I have to go take the recycling in and photocopy the bulletin for church tomorrow... be back later for more stamping fun.

1 comment:

Allie Gower said...

Beautiful! Love your blog.