Tuesday, June 05, 2007

This is what spoiled is.....

One of the perks of changing jobs is that my new job is just a couple of minutes away from Bren's house and I have an hour long lunch... so I suggested that we meet once a week for lunch. (She's my CTMH upline and I'm her personal assistant.) We figured we could challenge each other, share ideas and brainstorm meeting stuff. Now, when I suggested this idea, I thought we'd meet at a restaurant. Bren had other ideas. Each week I come to her house and, no joke, this is what I see....



(Menu - Yummy salad with all sorts of fun stuff, Egg Salad sandwich, chips, strawberries topped with whipped cream and a cookie!, and a sparkling pomegranate drink)

Not only does she make lunch, but she uses a variety of cute plates and fun little touches. It's like dining at a nice restaurant every Monday. Not only have I been inspired in my business, but I have learned a great deal about food presentation and fun ways to make an ordinary meal, extraordinary. Occasionally her mom joins us and shares a fun family recipe.

I am sooo spoiled....

We also have another regular visitor. Her name is Ruby. She's the neighbor's dog, but she thinks she's a two family dog. Ruby can be VERY sneaky. It's not wise to leave food unattended. One day Bren's dessert was eaten before I got there. Ruby, Ruby, Ruby...




Ruby is actually a very happy dog... you just can't see her tail wagging in the picture. I tried taking it a couple of times and she always looks sad......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my Ruby Duby...I just love her...She really thinks she belongs to me...the neighbors pulled a few boards out of the fence so she can go back and forth...It's an ideal arrangement!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and it's my pleasure to spoil Dawn...she is a peach and has helped me out immensely over the years...through thick n thin! thanks, Bren