Friday, July 06, 2007

A Perfect 4th

Today was one of those days where you just go "ahhhh...that was a good day."


We got up bright and early and headed to church at 6:30 to set-up for the annual pancake breakfast. Then I headed home for a nap...yea right. I tried, but it never really happened. Instead I dropped Josh of with some friends, went to the grocery store and headed over to Candace's. Candace has a gorgeous back yard and pool and I rarely go out and enjoy it. Usually we're too busy stamping... but I have been craving some sunlight. Every time I go to lunch, I wish I had a reclining lawn chair that I could just put out on the lawn so I could relax and soak up the sun.... Well today, my wish came true!


Instead of stamping, I took a break from everything and I swam and hung out in the jacuzzi and played wii. It was so much fun.... how much fun, you ask?


At one point I came into another room after playing wii and Sheila said "you sounded just like a teenager out there."


Hmmm... I'm going to assume she meant it as a compliment.... We were laughing and carrying on. Last time I played, I was an awesome bowler. This time, I created this incredible hook. Everyone had suggestions about how to cure it. I tried it all and nothing worked. Every once in a while I'd compensate and get a strike or a spare, but when Dalton showed up he said "I didn't think you could only knock down one pin." Thanks Dalton! I feel better now that I know I educated you on how bad someone can bowl.


I left the party around 7:45 and met up with Josh and his friends to watch fireworks. We found the perfect spot this year and we could actually see them going off on the ground. Once they were over we jumped in the car and got out of there fast!! I was home by 10!


A perfect day!!


Here's a picture I took while I was waiting to meet Josh. I got there early, so I pulled out my scriptures and read in the car. It was so beautiful and quiet!!

No comments: