Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Work out girl is back

Oh my poor neglected blog. You can always tell when my focus has shifted... the blog suffers.... and I was on such a roll there for a while.

What has sidetracked me this time?

Hubby was home for a few days. (Who can blame me for that one!)
Rather than drive home, only to have to leave again to pick Josh up from work, I've been hitting the gym! Woo hoo!

And since I started going to the gym, I figured it was time to bite the bullet and join ww again. I say again, but really this is the first time I've actually joined and gone to a meeting. (I joined online once before.) I even stepped on a scale for them. Very scary!

Last night I called hubby on my way home from the gym and said "I'm back! The girl who loves to work out is back in charge!" Up until last night I felt like I could barely get through my workout. My heart rate went up faster. I felt slow and uncomfortable. But the human body is an amazing thing! After one week, my heart rate dropped. I dropped a bunch of water weight and it felt good to work out again. I still have a ways to go, but at least the journey is enjoyable again.

No comments: