Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Whew... I survived...sort of....

Last week was one of those weeks where we had something every single night of the week. One night we ate pizza for dinner, in the car, and other wonderfully quick and nutritious meals and we made it all the way to Saturday.

I was on the home stretch. I was almost set-up for my workshop. I even did it by myself because Josh was on his annual paint ball trip. I set-up the kitchen and the displays and the workshop table. I pulled out the chairs and all I had left was two tables.

Last month I put them away by myself so I knew I could do it. I had my ipod playing and I was happily moving along. I got to the shed and I had to move a couple of items out of the way. I got them moved, pulled out the big heavy table (I hate when that one is the closest one!) and stepped backwards....right off the ledge of the shed and rolled my ankle. Ooops!!

I stood there for a few minutes and just breathed through the pain as I assessed the situation and tried to figure out what I was going to do. I had my cell phone. I could call a couple of friends if I needed to. After a few minutes I tentatively tried my foot. Hmmm... I can put my weight on it...good... I dragged the table into the workshop, set it up, took ibuprofen, put ice on my foot and was thankful I still had 20 minutes before people would start to arrive.

I made it through my entire workshop. I didn't stand much and I asked for some help on a few things and it really didn't feel all that bad. Josh got home in time to bring the car over and load it all up for me. I took more ibuprofen and iced my foot and was grateful that I came out of it so well... until the next morning....

By the time I finished my shower, I knew I wasn't going to church. I dropped Josh off and headed to urgent care. Oh how I wish I had taken him with me. I spent the next five hours crutching down halls for xrays, to the doctor, to the ER.... Yep, you can go to urgent care for stuff like that, but if you really hurt yourself, you have to go see ortho in the ER too..and then because it's a weekend... you get to go back and spend a couple more hours there the next day.

Perhaps I'll take a picture of my beautiful black moon boot. I hear it's all the rage. We took a picture of the black and blue ankle for hubby. He likes all that medical stuff...

Soooo.... I imagine I should be able to get back to stamping soon. We shot a video tutorial last night and hopefully we'll post it tonight...so stay tuned for more stamping fun....

No comments: