Tuesday, September 13, 2011

CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Tips #3

Here's a quick little video with more cricut tips for the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.



Bonus tip for my blog readers!
Here's how I cut my shapes to make the most of my time...

Select several images at once. (Shape 1, Shape 2, Shape 3, Shape 4, Shape 5)
Set size = 1/2 inch
Cut

Repeat Last
Set size = 3/4 inch
Cut

Repeat Last
Set size = 1 inch
Cut

Then I took a sharpie and labeled each piece with the name of the shape and the size I cut it at.

Are you going to create your own?  I'd love to see how your organize them or how it works for you!

4 comments:

Lauren Loves To Scrap said...

I think this is a great tip! You could make a cute binder to hold the sheets in so they are all together and easy to use.

Karen said...

Yes thanks I just got my cricut and don't really understand how to set the length of an image. For example if I had a 4 x 6 photo and I wanted to do a scalloped mat around it, what do set dials to? My AP cart is suppose to come tomorrow so I guess I can practice but it would be nice to just know so I don't have to wate time and paper. I had a similar question re: making a 1/2 inch border 12 inches long and got respinses like it can't be done without a gypsy or that I have to trick my cricut and use a 24 inch long mat--maybe that is why it took so long for me to get a cricut--it seems very intimadating! Thanks for the tips!

Dawn said...

Karen - I'm working on a post just for you!! The info you already have about the borders is correct, but I have a few suggestions on how to make "lemonade."

Karen said...

Thanks!