Tuesday, September 20, 2011

National Stamping Month Tip #4

Need inspiration?  Well, put down the stamps and papers and go take a walk.  Yep, my tip for today is to go outside.  Go for a walk, a run, a bike ride, play frisbee, chase your kids around the yard.  You decide on the activity...but it must be outside!  (Even an invigorating walk to the mailbox in the snow can work.)

Being outside elevates your mood and opens up the channels to creativity.  Don't believe me?  Try it!

Whenever I'm stuck on a project or I don't know where to start.  I pull out the paper, stamps, inks and accessories that I know I want to use and I lay them on the table.  I take a good look at them, put the leash on the dog and go for a walk.  

Bonus Tip:  This makes the kids and the pups happy too!  They'll stay out of your hair for a bit while you create.

I'd love to hear what you do when you're stuck?  Have you tried my suggestion?


1 comment:

AaronB said...

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one obsessed with these books...Like you I couldn't put them down. Meaning I couldn't get anything done!!