Monday, January 25, 2010

Valentine Fun

Ok, so I've been at home for almost a week with a health problem.  (Very minor and I had a little outpatient procedure done and I am totally fine!!!!!) Anyway, I was bored, bored bored...couldn't stamp or sit or stand or walk so it was just me, painkillers, the tv and my laptop for a while.  At some point during the fun ordeal I saw a great post on a blog....which I cannot find now!!!!  So I totally apologize.  I have no idea who to credit for inspiration.

What I remember is a cute little nugget tin filled with little doodads to make Valentines. 

I saw it and thought..hmmm... I have nugget tins....  Only to find that I had 1 nugget tin....not tins... But I found 3 mini lunchboxes in my stash and so the fun began.



First I stamped a bunch of different hearts using several different stamp sets.  When you work for Close To My Heart....you tend to have a lot of Heart stamp sets ya know....  You loyal CTMH customers and friends will probably recognize some of the retro paper!!  It's retired now, but I still have a lot in my stash so I decided to use some up.  Here's just a small sampling of some of the items I put in the tins.


And as all stampers know.... you have to have chocolate to sustain you when you make your cards, so I included a little goodie bag of chocolate. 

Kit Contents:

  • 10 Blank 3x3 cards to be used as cards or bag toppers

  • 10 empty goodie bags

  • Covered glue stick

  • Assorted hearts

  • 1/2 inch strips of watermelon cardstock

  • 1 1/4 inch strips of black cardstock (before I put them through the scallop punch)

  • Assorted Watermelon squares (3x3 and 2.75x2.75)
Then of  course I had to make a little card to put inside.  Plus they could use the card and baggie of chocolate as samples to copy when they created their own Valentine Fun!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

They came out soooo cute! Love them!

Dawnll said...

These are just adorable! I love that we have so many CTMH heart stamp sets don't you? Glad that you are recouping.
Speedy recovery sweetie!

Patty said...

You've inspired me again! What a cute gift idea! I will turn my family into card makers yet!
Thank you!

Cathy Gill said...

Adorable and too fun!

JustMargo said...

OHMYGOSH...these are adorable...
and I too have a huge Rubbermaid container of "vintage" CTMH papers with all the matchy-matchy background and textures. This is SO great...TFS, and I'm a stalker, er umm, I mean, follower now! =)
--Margo
MargosGarden.blogspot.com