Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I predict...

I predict that Jordin will win. I know, I'm not really going out on a limb here. Everyone who watched the show last night, knows she will win. I think even Jordin knows. She knew it as she finished the song.

I have not been the most loyal American Idol fan. Over the years I've watched a few shows here and there, never every week; until this year. This year I loved it. I have been a Blake and Jordin fan from the very beginning. There's something so incredibly likeable about them. They have presence on stage. They draw you in and you feel their emotions and their joy for what they do.

Last night as Jordin sang the last song, I could feel it. There is a moment when you're in front of an audience and you just know that you have them. She did, and she knew it and it was beautiful.

Tonight will be exciting and fun, but I am so glad that I didn't miss that moment.

(I can't sing. I speak and there have been a few moments in my life when I have had that feeling. For me, it's almost as if I'm watching and listening to someone else.)

No comments: